Old West Chapter Meeting Scheduled for March 21
The Old West Chapter has scheduled their meeting for Thursday, March 21, 2013.
The host credit unions: Black Hills Federal Credit Union and Med5 Federal Credit Union.
The meeting will be held at Black Hills Federal Credit Union—2700 North Plaza Drive—Rapid City, SD.
6:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.—Light meal and soft drinks—$10.00 per person
6:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.—Program: Check Fraud by Steve Eckes, (CPCU,AIC), a risk management consultant from CUNA Mutual Group. The areas which will be covered in his presentation are:
· How to spot signs of forgery, alteration, and counterfeit
· Using new account tools effectively
· Best practices for placing check holds
· Shared branching considerations
· The importance of training
· Insurance as a risk management tool
· Questions and answers
To make your credit union reservation, please contact Vincent Tyson, Highmark Federal Credit Union by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, March 20, 2013.
Timely RSVPs are greatly appreciated and needed because these are catered events.